October 07, 2006

Merhaba, nasilsinis?

Hello there wonderful family, friends!

Istanbul is getting to be home, the bus to and from school is horrible, school and school is tiring. Just like home. :)

But, I actually like it here. I like my room, friends, the pets across the street. It's becoming.. my city. Just like Durham is my town. I have exams in almost all of my subjects coming, which is kind of scary.

Other than school, friends (I went to Akmerkez, a huuge shopping mall with Selin about 3 times) nothing much is happening.

But, I want to make this a longer entry, so I guess I'll tell you about Akmerkez. I know that's what you have wanted to hear about since the day you were born. Shopping malls. : )

So, Akmerkez is huge, huge, huge. 5 stories, everything from pets shops, cds stores, and even a cinema. And, of course, a starbucks. Everytime except once I've been there I've gotten a frappucino. Thank god for people who think frappucinos are actually coffee. Don't tell them it's really just an overpriced milkshake. Shhhh.

And lots, lots, lots of clothing stores. Two adidas & nikes (I'm currently saving for a lime green nike sweatshirt that I fell in love with. Even though my dad says that buying their stuff is just becoming a human bilboard for a multi million dollar industry, I really like the sweatshirt). Plus, Akmerkez is a 3 or 4 stop bus ride & 7 minute walk from Selins house. Can you say a home away from home?

Hah, so I think I've bored you enough with my insignificant rambling.

Much love,

F.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi frances
OMG I AM GETTING A DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yay i am excited
i hope u r having fun in turkey
sophie